The 11th annual TCM Calendar Contest starts now with two major changes. First and foremost, there will be two big votes; a First Vote, and a Finalist Vote. The second change is another story. Grab your camera.
At the mobile TCM command center (aka, our rig) we have poured over reader feedback on the annual calendar contest and discovered one comment that came up again and again. In short, readers kept telling us, “It’s almost impossible to pick just five photos from 500+ entries.”
Change 1: There Will Be Two Votes This Year
As our readership has grown, so have the calendar contest submissions. Making things more challenging, the quality of the photos gets better and better every year. Choosing just five photos from over 500 amazing submissions is getting darn near impossible. We agree.
For 2018, we are going to hold two calendar votes; a First Vote, and a Finalist Vote. The First Vote will start with every photo entered into the contest. Readers will be able to select their 10 favorites (up from 5).
The results of this First Vote will determine the 24 Finalists. For the Finalist Vote, readers will be able to vote for their 3 favorites from the 24 finalists. The winners of that vote will be the 2018 Calendar Contest winners.
Change 2: Optional “Behind The Shot” Stories
The other big change for 2018 are your, “Behind the Shot” stories. When you submit your photo entries, the contest submission form will give you the option of sharing the story behind the picture. We may then feature your pictures and stories in the magazine throughout the year in a, “Behind The Shot” blog series.
Of course you don’t have to submit a story with your photos, but it’s a great way to reveal the adventure behind the image, and maybe get a few more folks liking your photo.
Welcome to the 11th annual Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest
There will be thirteen winners, one for each month of the year, plus one more winner for the calendar cover. All thirteen calendar winners will have their winning photograph and the story behind their photograph featured in the magazine. The thirteen winners will also receive a free 2018 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar.
All submitted photographs will be placed into a 2018 TCM Calendar Contest Gallery. By sending in a photo for the contest, you give Truck Camper Magazine the right to use your photograph in future posts, social media, etc.
Click here to see the winners of the 2018 TCM calendar contest. Next year’s contest will begin in April.
Here are the 2018 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest rules:
1. All photographs must contain a truck camper. A truck camper is a camper that can be demounted from a truck. If it doesn’t demount, it doesn’t count.
2. Photos can not be altered with Photoshop, apps, or special camera filters. The contest is for natural images of truck campers in nature.
3. All photographs must be taken between October 22nd, 2016 and October 20th, 2017 by the person submitting the photo. You cannot submit a photo someone else took.
4. Along with your photographs, please include the following information: your first and last name(s), the location the photo was taken, and the year, make, and model of your truck and camper.
5. All photographs must be submitted digitally. You can send all entry photos at once or one photo at a time up (with a limit of 3 photos per person/camper).