Welcome to the fourth entry in May’s Medium Mod-Ster Contest. One Medium Mod will be published in every Email Alert in May. At the end of the month we’ll hold a reader vote to determine May’s winner. For information about the Mod-Ster Contest, including how to enter, click here.
Jay Kamys, Saint Augustine, Florida
Portable Outdoor Shower Kit
2004 Chevy 2500
2015 Lance 855S
Most campers now have outdoor showers. These outside showers lack privacy, which can be important. To meet this need, I created an inexpensive outside shower curtain and holder – for less than $12!
1. Go to a big box hardware store and get one – 8-foot 1/2-inch PVC Schedule 40 pipe, four 90’s and one “T”. Pins can be used to hold PVC in orientation so that it won’t twist.
2. Stop at your local Harbor Freight (or order online) the suction cup handle. Be sure to use the 20-percent off coupon they always have.
3. Get an inexpensive shower curtain and hooks from a dollar store – or get one to your liking.
4. Cut the PVC into equal lengths (as pictured) to hang the shower curtain from.
5. Drill 1/8-inch holes to push in pins at the couplers. Use a marker to show where the sections attach, ie: 1-1, 2-2. This will ensure the drilled holes for the pins will line up
The suction cup handle will attach to any flat surface – window or side wall – and support your shower curtain. When done, air dry and roll up the curtain on the PVC holder (which has been pulled apart for storage).
The outdoor shower kit works great and stores in any available space; under the bathroom sink, under the sink near water heater, etc.
It took me one hour to complete this modification and cost me $11.95. In my opinion, the skill level of this modification is easy.
Disclaimer: The modifications above are submitted by Truck Camper Magazine readers. It is your responsibility to make sure that any do-it-yourself modification project you undertake is safe, effective, and legal for your situation.
Enter Your Mods Now!
If you’d like to enter a modification you’ve done on your truck camper, click here. You can enter as many mods as you want, at any time. Good luck mod makers!