The 2014 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest is on! Don’t miss the contest rules, suggestions, and inspirational links to past winners. The deadline is Friday, October 25th, 2013.
Welcome to the seventh-annual Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest.
There will be twelve calendar winners, one for each month of the year, plus one more winner for the calendar cover. All thirteen calendar winners will have their winning photograph and the story behind their photograph featured in the magazine. The thirteen winners will also receive a free 2014 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar.
All submitted photographs will be placed into a 2014 TCM Calendar Contest Gallery.
Here are the 2014 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest rules:
1. All photographs must contain a truck camper.
2. All photographs must be taken between October 26th, 2012 and October 25th, 2013.
3. All photographs must be submitted digitally via email.
4. All photographs must be submitted by 12:00am PST (midnight), Friday, October 25th, 2013.
5. You can submit three photographs for the calendar. That’s three photographs per truck camper rig. Choose carefully!
6. All photographs must be horizontal. Please make your shots wide, not tall, like a calendar page.
7. All photos must be taken with a three-megapixel digital camera, or better.
8. Send the highest resolution possible. Please do not downsize your photos before emailing them to us.
9. Along with your photographs, please include the following information: your first and last name(s), the location the photo was taken, and the year, make, and model of your truck and camper.
Here is an example:
Name: Mike Sullivan
Photo Location: Clay Butte Fire Tower Road, Wyoming
Truck: 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Camper: 2011 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer
Six Suggestions On How to Win the Contest:
This will be our seventh Truck Camper Magazine calendar contest and we have noticed a few similarities between the winning photographs so far.
1. Take your photos at dawn, just before sunrise, or at dusk, just after sunset.
2. Take your photos without people, or any man made objects in the photo (like electrical wires or trash cans). A possible exception is if your camper is on or near a bridge, tunnel, farmhouse, camp setting, or other interesting man made landmark or landscape feature.
3. Send in pictures from different locations. Avoid sending in three pictures taken at the same time in the same place, unless they’re amazing.
4. Make sure your whole rig is in the frame of your photograph.
5. Get away from the campsites and take photos as you travel through amazing places.
6. Be very selective with the photographs you send in. You can only send in three photos for the contest this year.
For inspiration, check out the entries from past calendar winners:
2013 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners
2012 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners
2011 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners
2010 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners
2009 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners
2008 Truck Camper Magazine Calendar Contest Winners