Show us your best truck camper modification for a chance to win a $100 fuel card and exclusive bragging rights to the Top Truck Camper Modder for 2013. It’s on.
There are moments in life when everything else must be put aside so that something big and important can happen. The annual Truck Camper Magazine Top Mod Showdown is one of those moments.
This year we’re not going to listen to any excuses from folks about how they could have won the Top Mod Contest but didn’t have the time to enter, or couldn’t find their camera to take pictures, or had to personally drive a box truck full of cheese to Kansas making them just miss the deadline. I mean really, who loses their camera?
No excuses this year. Clear your calendar, find your camera, and tell Bob to haul your cheese. Besides, there’s a $100 fuel card at stake. Let the best modder win.
What qualifies as a truck camper modification?
A truck camper modification is physical change you made to improve the stock design, appearance, or functionality of your truck camper. A modification can be a simple cosmetic change like new fabric for the seat cushions, or a floor plan change like a re-arrangement of the camper dinette, or the addition of a new or better component or appliance, and anything in between. Interior and exterior truck camper modifications and decorations count.
The best modifications are things you did to improve the aesthetics or function of the camper to better suit your personal needs. Did you alter your camper to make it work better for your truck camping lifestyle? Chances are you made a qualifying modification.
Every modification counts. Just because a modification is simple or small doesn’t mean it won’t win. We’re looking for clever ideas, not just big projects.
Here are contest rules:
1. Submitted camper modifications must have been made by yourself on your own truck camper. We have a well trained army of cats who circle the globe to verify your mod entries.
2. Camper modifications must be new to Truck Camper Magazine. Please do not send in camper modifications that have been submitted in a past TCM Mod Contest.
3. Camper modifications must result in a physical change to the camper; cosmetic, decorative, and/or functional. Repairs do not count, unless they also improved the stock design, appearance, or functionality of the truck camper.
4. You can enter up to three modifications per truck camper. Please send each modification in a separate email.
5. Please include a brief written description of each modification, why you did the modification, and how the modification has worked out.
6. If possible, please include photography of your modifications. At least one photograph per modification is preferred, more is better.
7. The deadline for entries is 11:59pm PST, Tuesday, July 23rd.
8. Send your submissions (one modification per email, please). Please include your first name, last name, and home state. Please also include the year, make, and model of your truck and camper.
Gordon White, Pennsylvania